Wednesday, November 5, 2008

HOW TO BE MISS TABLE MANNERS 2008





Well… well… well… good days my audience and spectators… and congratulations to the new president of America… and to his wife that we all admired dearly… I have to be friend with her one of these days.

Anyway, I have to tell you this, I finally met my social neighbor Ms. Gush whom I never talked for almost one year and a half. And surprisingly he is the most gracious and well-mannered sosyal neighbor of mine… Our meeting I felt was meant to be and it was so very funny and cute how we had the chance to finally talked to each other… and oh god I felt so silly you know how we really want to be friends or much as good neighbor. And she loves Christmas so much… that were planning to join our Christmas party by December.

I know her the moment I saw her moving to the upper villa that sits on top of my villa. And I’m so very depressed when she got it because Mr. Trey my landlord promised me to have that villa… but anyway its such a long story if I have to tell you everything… We just have to talk about how we finally met each other.

Of course knowing me and knowing you… I was on Blue Chilli when I sat next to her which I did’nt realize that it was her. But out of graciousness even if I felt shy and awkward I make bati to her… and I said HI… for the first time… and after that its like were catching on --- on whatever we missed after that one and half year of silence and snobbings. And It was really wonderful when the ice is broken… it becomes warm but not too cosy enough… I love the situation so much that in fact the next day we both cook soup and invite each other… yeah I know its very cute… by the way he’s also a chef… surprisingly…

And with that we shared and talked a lot of stuff. we felt we are like schoolgirls on a pajama party, we even talked about wines and table manners…

And with that our topic for today is…

How to be Miss Table Manners 2008

Dining or eating is a ritual, it is an everyday ritual that needs to be exercised with grace and style. As you can see… “You are how you eat”… intiendes… as oppose to “You are what you eat” but anyway one can tell what person is by the way he eats…

Use the napkin… it’s placed there to be used … Ilagay eto sa iyong harapan… put it in your lap… These putting of napkin on your lap is a signal to the waiters that your seat is occupied giving them accurate count of meals to be served. Wag na wag mong gamiting pampunas nang mukha… and never ever put dirty silverware on the tablecloth.

Pass items around the table… Wag na wag ipasa sa harapan. Like for example when one ask you about the fishsauce; pass it to the one sitting next to you… everything that one ask from you should not be passed across the table, it should be passed around the table… For reasons that I don’t know… ewan ko ba?

Eat on the left; drink on the right… God know how basic and logical is these. Glasses should be on your right and every other stuff should be on the left… Pero I know mahirap eto para sa mga kalawite… but of course wala akong pakialam. The rule is never ever use your finger in anything these is really very true when you are in very formal dinner.

Use each fork beginning from the outside… I know in social gathering there are lots of forks on the table… when you see a lot of those stuff always begin from the outside fork then to the inside. Just follow the course set to you and you’ll never get wrong. Pero sa atin deadma kasi di naman uso ang maraming kubyertos but anyway for your education etoh…

Start eating when everyone is served… Of course everyone knows about these already… liban na lang kung patay gutom ka…

Never ever talk when your mouth is full… for reasons na alam mo na… pag-masarap no talk… hehehehe… let your tongue do the talking.

Never ever put food items outside your plate… put everything on your plate according to the course that’s been served to you. If you want to put butter on your bread do it on your plate, in the olden times you’re not even allowed to touch it, you use your knife and fork for it. In oriental dining a smaller bowl is set for rice so use the smaller bowl for your rice.

When finished leave the silverware in 4óclock position… With the handles of the silverware pointing to 4óclock position these indicate that you are already finished. So don’t be surprised when the waiter get your plate… me kilala akong nagugulat na lang bakit nawala ang plate nya... of course if you're not finished yet dont do the 4oclock position.

So when you are in invited to a very formal dinner at least you know what to do... these is proven and tested guidelines for centuries already... hahahahahhaha...


Okay there you are my students and pupils… Finish or not finish pass your paper!!!


and who told you to mind my grammars... nek... nek... nyo!!!




3 comments:

[G] said...

winner ka talaga mikee!

fuchsiaboy said...

naman, winner ang mga lessons. sana you can do something about shopping naman.

maganda ang mga pics mo ha. very naturally you!

uy si g nag comment.

im sure wetness ka na naman. hahahaha!

Miss Bubbles Cojuanco said...

Ikaw naman fuchsiaboy....


blushes... and flushes...


sigh