Monday, November 3, 2008

HOW NOT TO BE A CHARLATAN


Well… well… well… there you are my students and pupils section seven… Today I feel like am teaching… Even if I’m like these I also know how to read books and or pretend to read books. But mostly when I was very young I love reading komiks and magazine… from “liwayway”, “funny komiks” to “wakasan” or even “shocker“, Unlike my friends who read archie or betty and veronica. I just can’t afford it and I don’t have time comprehending the lifestyle of America during that time; all I want is just plain Filipino pop literature… huh!!! Can’t believe am that nationalistic.

Yeah, I know you would ask me what is “charlatan”. Me, of course I don’t know I just happen to come across this word in the book am reading now “Embers”by Sandor Marai, which I bought from a second hand bookstores. I did’nt finished reading the book yet but I’m on the part where the general is going to meet his closest friend whom he never seen for forty-one years. But anyway am not a reviewer of anything, am just a social climber.

Okay let’s go back to the word “CHARLATAN” pronounced as “Shaaar – loh – ton” okay repeat after me “Shaaar – loh – ton” yeah that’s right… big check for everyone… As you can see… I browse lately on my old Merriam dictionary the word “charlatan”… and ganito yun…

Charlatan – A charlatan is a person who makes elaborate, fraudulent, and often voluble claims to skill or knowledge; a quack or fraud; One making usually showy pretenses to knowledge or ability.

Unlike the pretenders who are a singing group that make good music…hehehehe… joke lang follow naman kayo… No the pretenders are the one who really pretends that he do this or he do that just to be in, and they really make you believe… for example… “Oh I’ve been shuttling to the United States every now and then to visit my mom”… even if its not true and they often deny about it when they are found out that its not true because they don’t know what’s real and true to them anymore… anyway were not talking about pretenders here… so we go back to the bat cave and start talking about charlatans… Charlatans are closer to the pretenders but usually in the knowledge and IQ side of pretending.

So our topic for today is …

How not to be a Charlatan

Never ever copy… Copying a statement and making it your statement is a big crime for social climbers, social climbers are spontaneous ( huh! Tama ako sa spelling ). Beautiful people like me make statements that are honestly derive from their own experiences may it be funny or not… honest mistake and statements always comes from an honest reaction to a certain situation… huh!!! Taray straight ang English ko.

Never ever claim… When you hear something funny or a cute situations you heard from a friend or even read about. Don’t go around claiming that it happened to you. I know a lot of these. Like for example… I call all white people as “Americano” because when I was young and living in the countryside that’s what we call them, then when am in the city and started to be a city girl people find it funny when I say it, until one day someone also copy that..

Never ever pretend… pretending is a big no no to social climbers, they want the real thing, charlatans just copy the social climbers… social climbers are not freeloaders they also have money, it’s the social status that they’re vying for. Social climbers are not pretenders, pretenders is much worse than a social climbers… like for example when someone ask you, where you graduated?… tell them the truth… Just because you studied in a not so very popular school you have to cover it up with your beautiful highschool diploma… which by the way is not beautiful… hmmmp… tsura mo…

Don’t be shy about your past… Its your past that makes you who you are today… Am not shy about how I made my way up here… am a graduate social climber you know… I made my fucking ass… up here… huh!!! ( its not me its my conscience )

Opppsss sorry I get carried away… well as for now I’m quite tired for bubbling like a blue marlin tuna…

Well… well… well… there you go my spectators and audience…

Our next topic is about table manners… until then… mwahhhhh!!!

Prepare for a quiz!!!

5 comments:

Leon Franco Dionco said...

i love it! your past made you who you are today. I'll put that in mind. keep it going bubbles!!! aabsent ako sa quiz. hahahahah

Miss Bubbles Cojuanco said...

walang aabsent alam mo na!!!

STRICTA AKO!!!

JeremyCroise said...

miss bubbles im confused! i want to be a social climber like you, but by doing so, i have to be a charlatan! please advice me before the quiz!

Miss Bubbles Cojuanco said...

hoy eternalblits... you're always confused... you are already a social climber the moment you read my blog...

but anyway just play it cool... so no one would notice... hahahahaha


at to engrid... yes the party would be on saturday... i made my guest list already pero magdala kayo nang pagkain at inomin nyo ha... limited lang ang food ko pero social.

see you sa saturday okay lah...

Unknown said...

Dear,
looking more and more beautiful by the day. Love the outfit changes! Loving every lesson you send out!

I can't wait to read about your water festival adventures!

Jessica