Monday, July 20, 2009

THE LEGEND OF THE COFFEE MAKER part 5

How to tell a story series







Wahhhhhhh…. Wahhhhhhh…. Wahhhhhhh… Wails Nene as he continues to sip his coffee and occasionally wipe his bulging eyes that are shedding tears for hours now.

For the millionth times Ramonito… tell me what’s wrong with you… Miguelita calls Nene by his real name as he produces more paper tissue which he gives to the wailing homosexual.

Wahhhhhhh… Wahhhhhhhh… Wahhhhhhh… huhuhuhuhu… Continues the anguished, Nene.

Okay, I give up… up to you… I will close the coffee shop now… it’s getting late…. Miguelita bends to stand up gesturing to leave his best friend who smells like gin.

Matt… wahhhhhh… Matttttt… huhuhuhuhu… he basted me… I thought he likes me… he even showers me with chocolates and flowers, he even picks me up at my shop… He even calls me during the night asking me how to cook “Binagoong pork”and many stuff about you and Cirilo… huhuhuhu… I hate Matt… you just don’t know how I made lots of nurse uniform for him for free, it cost me a lot… huhuhuhu… Even his new white shoes I bought it for him… The sad Nene complained about Matt the young nurse.

Miguelita went back to his chair and put his arms at which Nene shakes it off from his shoulder…. And continues to wail….

Wahhhhhhhh… and you… I hate you too…. Wahhhhhhh…. Nene accuses Miguelita.

And what about me… what did I do? Miguelita asked the wailing best friend.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh… He likes you more than me, why? I’m also beautiful right…. Why he likes you…. huhuhuhu… Now I know why he befriended me… he wants to be closer to you… huhuhu… why are you beautiful? huhuhu… Nene sobs like a baby.

Miguelita kindly embraces his best friend and explained… Okay… hush darling, it’s not my fault that he likes me… yeah you’re right I’m beautiful but I don’t like him. He’s way too young for my taste and besides I love Cirilo more than anyone else in the world… Hush now… you’ll be okay… okay… Give me a smile… friend… Miguelita hushed the sobbing homosexual.

Nene didn’t replied but just cried on Miguelita’s shoulder rocking him gently, and the two of them stopped when they hear a knock on the coffee shops’ half closed doors it was “Boyet” the hospital janitor.

Hey… lucky me… you’re still open… Boyet told Miguelita and was surprise to see Nene crying. He then quickly comes next to the two gays.

Hey… what happened? Boyet asked Miguelita and Nene wails again… and repeated the whole narration to Boyet as he cried over a new mug of coffee… Miguelita left the couple and continues to clean the coffee shop occasionally glancing at Nene and Boyet .

Weeks later Nene and Boyet became a regular at the coffee shop cavorting like Boyet and Nora during their heydays. Miguelita is happy to see his best friend rebounds. At least he could go on missing his Cirilo who is on his fifth month now with his family. He worries and wondered if his okay… but he knows deep inside that Cirilo is happy with the kids and wished he had a uterus.

The life of the homosexuals in the coffee shop goes on happily despite Miguelita’s waiting for Cirilo.

One day Nene declared excitedly to Miguelita that Boyet’s birthday is coming on the 3rd day and that they should celebrate in his coffee shop and that Miguelita should cook for them and that it would be an exclusive party, and that he would invite Matt to make him jealous of Boyet, and that and so on… Miguelita agreed out of loneliness hoping Cirilo could join them, he text him and no reply, he called to him to no avail… and secretly wished that his okay and hope that he remembers that it’s their anniversary as well.

The coffee shop looks like a carnival. Balloons and fancy flowers made of crepe papers adorned the gay shop. Miguelita is busy putting food on the buffet table as Nene grilled the barbeque and hotdogs. He excitedly affixed everything he grilled on a pineapple. He goes around the coffee shop electrifyingly as if he is the birthday celebrant.

Gush, Hurry up Miguelita… Boyet will be here in a minute. Nene ordered Miguelita hurriedly who looks at him in disgust.

Gush Miguelita… I know it’s your coffee shop I don’t have time with that kind of look of yours… I have to call on Shirley the hairdresser, he promised me to lend his video camera, and all my friends from the beauty shop and the barbers in the corner would be here in a minute too… I have to call to Maricel to be sure that Matt will come…and the “Magic Sing” gush before I forget Boyet love to sing… The homosexual ran to the phone and mumbles incoherently, Miguelita didn’t mind him but continues to do his thing, putting finishing touches on the array of foods on the buffet table.

Ayyyyyyy… God… You’re so beautiful… Nene shouted fakely at the guest as he kisses each one.

God thanks for the gifts, Boyet is on his way now… please take your sit. As he glides his way among the guest wondering where Boyet is.

Miguelita on the other hand just smiled in amusement watching his best friend. But deep inside him he misses Cirilo, he smile poignantly to everyone but that doesn’t feel like it as he felt so lonely. It’s the 6th month now that he celebrated their anniversary alone. He started to pour in some Vodka and tonic which one of the guests bought. He positioned himself by the corner silently sipping his drink as he watch the revelry.

The strange crowd sang in unison as Boyet comes in to the party together with his entourage of macho men from the hospital… of course that includes the embalmers, guards, cooks and other staffs even the baranggay tanod is there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY… HAPPY BIRTHDAY… TO YOU… the crowd clapped as they finishes the song and Boyet blows the candles that Nene is holding so proudly as if she is the luckiest gay in the whole wide world ever…

And the party started, people start to sing karaoke, some men put on their cards and bets. The group from the beauty shop preens as they tried to catch the attention of the men from the hospital. Every one is gay and happy. And everything looks like someone is going to be buried the next day.

Miguelita smiled alone at the corner listening to the gays singing. When suddenly he felt a hand tapping on his shoulder and he looks in surprise that it’s Matt who is also drinking Vodka tonic.

Hi… you look so lonely here… why you’re not joining them. Matt speaks to him bravely.

Oh… I guess I’m just tired… I cooked the whole day you know… Miguelita smiles at him casually.

Hmmm… It’s so sweet of you cooking for your best friend? The young man told him in appreciation.

Yeah… he’s my family… The gay replied like a girl.

I’m just another woman in love, a kid out of school, a fire out of control… just another fool… touch me and I’m weak… lalalalala… Nene is singing Maureen Mcgovern’s “Just Another Woman in Love” in the karaoke.

Matt brought the whole bottle of Vodka and sits beside Miguelita…













To be continued... bukas sorry... ang dae kung gawa... promise...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kapatid...

Inantabayanan ko ang kwentong ito.

Slight imbyerna pero fun!

Hay...

Misyah.