Monday, June 1, 2009

HOW TO BE HAPPY



Well… well… well… There you are my lovely cult followers, groupie and almost famous expectators of mine. The world today is beautiful as I said to myself when I woke up this morning and changed my mind quickly when I found out that “Marla” my coffee maker is broken. But I still managed to have something despites Marla’s incapacity to make it for me… sigh… poor coffee maker… anyway I have Van Houten’s soluble, pure and fine hot chocolate instead. I normally used it for my champorado during rainy days with dried fish on the side… Hmmm… talking about champorado, I’m missing it.

Well, anyways… I’m so glad that I moved already to my new table outside the creative big room, I moved out to the creative extension room because I like the lightning there, good when I’m visualizing something. There’s really something with spatial sense among the creatives. Some like it quite, others like it chaotic and others like me, I like it with loud music… whatevah it’s not our topic for today.

Happiness is relative whatever is that means to you. Happiness or Eudaimonia to the ancient greek which literally means “good guardian spirit” but in the modern times it means human flourishing or having a good life. In religious views specially in Buddhist teachings it refer to the ultimate freedom from suffering which then eventually leads to “nirvana”, and these is why am writing about happiness --- the nirvana thing… And by the way there is a very interesting site about happiness try answering the Oxford Happiness Questionnaire at MeaningandHappiness.com

In my years of wandering looking for happiness here in the lovely Kingdom of Cambodia I never thought that happiness can be eaten… yeah literally. I’m talking about “Happy Pizza”, I’ve known it a long time ago this kind of food that will bring you to Nirvana but never had a chance to try it. But that changed last Friday night, like you know you just received your salary and paid all your bills and debt from everyone; and you feel like going to have a beer or two… gush I still feel like am a “yuppie the lucky”. Anyways… Mr. Roderick, Mr. Roland, Ms. Consuelo, Ms. Grace, Ms. Deborah and Me went to have dinner at Pink Elephant restaurant where they are famous for their nirvanic happy pizza, it’s located facing the Tonle Sap and beside Pacharan which is near the Royal Palace.

The dinner started with some appetizers like fresh fried vegetable spring roll which looks like “turon” but god it taste good, after that we have shrimp flambé and other beautiful stuff that you can stuff in your mouth. I have beer and more beer before we ordered the Cannabis pizza. Happy pizza looks like normal pizza but the veggies they used are real fresh marijuana and except for peppers they sprinkled it with dried and crushed chongki, jutes or maryjane seeds including some grounded stems… isn’t it nice. Hehehehe… Mr. Roderick likes it so much he ate almost five as in five slices of that heavenly pizza. Then 30 minutes come and he feels numb… Ms. Grace felt the same too… me too… Ms. Devorah became more playful and Ms. Consuelo looks happy.

We went home in slow motion… but me and Mr. Roland drop by first at a massage, there’s something with cannabis that heightens your senses specially the touches and whatever, It must be the cannabis component “
tetrahydrocannabinol” or THC which makes you feel relax and enlightened. The massage is very good in fact I ended up with my masseur who looks like Jake Cuenca when under the influence of Ganja, his skin feels so soft on my skin and his brown bunny looks like a snake on my pale skin. Huh!!! Fast-forward after the massage, Me and Mr. Roland compared notes with our masseur when all my other Diva friends arrived. So we went home immediately.

The next day Mr. Roderick told us about his experience, he felt he was in a matrix movie, everything is in slow motion that when he parted the shower curtain it seems he is captured with a camera frame by frame. And Ms. Grace felt she is being followed by something or someone the moment she arrived in her apartment even when she’s already at home she felt someone is looking at her… paranoia ang trip nang bakla… hahahaha… and of course Me I just slept after the sex trip hahahaha… I am so very flower people so hippy… let’s make love not war in the truest and honest sense of it. As for Ms. Deborah and Ms. Consuelo I don’t know what happened to them seems they are satisfied and happy. The experience looks like a scene from some of Carlos Castaneda’s writings.

Cannabis or commonly called marijuana has been consumed since the 3rd millennium BC. And it’s always associated with religion and rituals hence it’s very popular among the ancient Hindu, Buddhist and Mesoamerican rituals and they called it the sacred intoxication. Now that’s what I’m telling you that cultures and civilization sometimes were born according to the drugs people take during that time… hehehe… just an opinion.

Well anyway… let’s go back to my teachings on how to be happy. Again happiness is relative whoever your relative is. Again bring out your pens and notebook and copy everything from the board.

How to be happy


Get a Job… or make money, as oppose to what wizen elders said that money cannot buy happiness. That is not so true, in the world today where everything is equivalent to money. Money still can buy happiness but not all happiness… as what the ancient Greeks said it’s all about living a good life. Life in modern times is very expensive and to have a good life you have at least small money to live for basic happiness. My childhood was not rich nor poor yet I am happy; but as I grew older and everything is getting expensive… living also gets expensive. And you learn to get contented with what you have but still you wish for more. Life is beautiful when you are free but the bills are keep coming. Now tell me if you don’t want money.

Pay all your debts… Its sad when you look behind your back and people you owe is hounding you. I can relate to this as I am paying a slightly big amount every month for the land I am buying so I sometimes have my low months. I always get by with some helps from my friends but I have to give it back too… nothing comes for free in these lifetime. Paying debts makes you feel liberated. And liberation means happiness.

Forget the people who don’t matter to you… As you go in your lifetime we met a lot of friends and people, but as you grew older, you start to see who are the people that really matter to you. It’s like having an excess baggage when you take your flight and realize that the excess baggage your carrying is not really that worth it and yet you paid for it.

Mind your own business… other people’s business is not yours, it will make you unhappy in the end… I personally experienced this. Even if your intentions are noble in helping someone you will end up as the asshole so better distance from other peoples business.

Indulge in guilty pleasure…
sometimes going out of your way makes the difference. Let your hair down sometimes… run barefooted under a storm or get skinny dipping under the moon… enjoy life in its primeval essence.

Be Positive… being positive attracts good oppurtunities and luck. Have you noticed some people who have positive aura attracts people in a bar, in a food stall, they always gather to where positive people are.

Ok that’s it you little dummies…

Oh… sha... sha… sha… Gabor na!!! Finish or not finish, pass your paper. See you in our next lesson… prepare for a quiz next week. Mwah!!!




1 comment:

Gayzha said...

Ha,ha,ha,ha... another round of applause for this entry.... ang galing galing talaga... kainez kah!

You should be read by all these bayot bloggers...!