Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HOW TO SAVE MOMMY EARTH



I am Nature's arm. Her spirit. Her will. Hell, I am Mother Nature, and the time has come for plants to take back the world so rightfully ours! 'cause it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.

… Poison Ivy (Batman and Robin)


Well… well… well… there you are my little green thumb devels… It’s not a fad, it’s not a trend, it’s not a bandwagon but it’s a fact, the world is changing… changing… changing… and changing. I’ve been consulting my hormonal mood and horoscope lately and it tells me to do something for Mother Earth before the Mayan calendar ends on 2012, as you can see everyone is talking about that big freezer on top and down under the world that its melting, and that thing that envelopes Mother Earth from harmful UV40 is thinning and that New York city would be meters deep down under water in years to come and that the next Venice would be somewhere near the Himalayas which they had it wrong because its in Macau… And that our biggest *Oxygenetor (Amazon jungle) would become the new Sahara desert. And just imagine all the islands in the Pacific Ocean including my beloved Republic of the Philippines… sigh… If we only have love… huhuhuhu… And that Canada will become the next tropical paradise in the future and that Gaia would become the next red planet. It’s just so alarming or am just paranoid but according to my hormonal intuition there is something big coming, So big that it would make everyone rethink of what is life is all about… Huh!!!

Whatever is there I think its time for all of us to go back to the Basic again… Basic, In the sense that we should be sensitive towards mother nature. Basic in the sense that we should take what is enough, enough for each one of us… Am talking about our consumptions of all the things that we think will make our life easier.

God how I miss spring, oh… yeah I know am not in a four season country… well anyway as far as I know spring is nice but that’s beside the point the signs are showing already… Mother Earth is not getting any younger… and yet we refuse to notice… Our insatiable hunger for things, our voracious appetite for everything, our unquenchable thirst to dominate over nature and our endless desire in making our everyday lives easier has taking its toll… From the small plastic packaging of the things we bought from the grocery to the oil we use in our cars to that thing on the wall that makes the room cold. All of these things are hurting our one and only beautiful planet… Earth.

Am not saying to change your ways because I know it’s difficult, all am saying is to give compassion, learn to live with her and give some time to help her. Be it in small ways… in reality nothing really comes for free, the moment we are born we know we are already indebted to Mother Nature… and lucky for us that we have the chance to sit, laugh, love and enjoy her company… Mother Earth is really the one true provider that keeps every generation and civilization alive. She is resilient but our lives are not.

Well… anyway, with knowing comes wisdom, sometimes intuition helps too. I’m going to share with all of you mammals and marsupials some of what I’ve learned that I had applied in my everyday life… and I hope in some way you will learn something from me even though am just a lonely Diva. Well anyway, okay get your notebooks and copy everything from the board.

How to save Mother Earth… in your own little way

Nothing is really new with my advice it’s been said before but I know it still works if people start to give compassion and time for everything. For me I think time and willpower is the key here to make everything works…

Take time to segregate… segregate your household waste. If everyone in the world will do it, then it would be a big thing. In my apartment I have three garbage bin; one for papers, one for glass and one for plastic bottles. The reason for these is that people who collect garbage actually make money out of it by selling it to recycling plants. As for those organic things such as waste from the kitchen like skin peelings from vegetables and everything that goes rotten, I have a big clay jar where I put all those stuff and cover it with a layer of soil so it won’t smell, weeks later I had a good compost for my potted plants, remember am living in a three storey apartment.

Take time to recycle… recycling all the plastics that can be used as container is good. I used ice cream canister as my lunch box. Some I used as container for my blings and small stuff. Same with bottle jars just wash it and use it as a container. Use that old basket if you go to the market, I used to remember when mother tagged me along to the market with her rattan basket it’s just oh so nostalgic and cool. Recycle grocery bags as garbage bags. I miss those times when bakeries used brown paper as packaging for all those bread… Or if you’re creative you can make a bas-relief of all those stuff.

Take time to turn off… Switching off unnecessary lights in your home is good not mentioning the money you save. As I am alone in my apartment I normally turn the lights on in the terrace, kitchen and living room for an hour and turn it off when am watching TV in my bedroom. Plugging off plugged gadgets when you go to the office also helps but that don’t include your fridge… you stupid… Turn off the shower when you are lathering. Use glass when you do your brushing. And one thing you should tell all your household and family the importance of saving energy.

Take time to plant… even in pots, it still helps to provide your place freshness and oxygen. Did you know that 70% of the free oxygen on earth is produced by all the plants in the world? I have one potted bamboo in my back terrace and a few herbs, I also have 8 potted plants scattered inside my apartment and one big potted Ylang-Ylang in front terrace. What have you got?... huh! It doesn’t need your thumb to be green after all plants are resilient, all it needs is TLC.

Take time to walk… yeah I walk when I go to my barber or the market and sometimes I walk to the park, Phnom Penh has nice parks. I don’t have a car because I cannot afford it, I ride motodups but of course with a helmet, I go for car pooling and commute most of the time. I guess my carbon footprints is not that big… I hope so…

Take time to share… Share these learning to people especially your family and friends it doesn’t matter if they don’t listen, what matters most is that you planted that seed of idea in their mammalian brains. Some grows quickly on them, others take time... whatever...

Well… well… well… there you go my pupils. I hope you will take time to write this on your notebooks. It took God seven days to create paradise, let’s see if we can do better… mwah… you green thumbed devels.


* There’s no word such as Oxygenerator --- I just made it up… what I mean is that the Amazon Jungle is the biggest place in the world that provides the earth a lot of oxygen. hehehehehe


1 comment:

Gayzha said...

I luve this entry.... and all your vocabulary is very riche and choice of words is simply unique fabulous!

Miss Bubbles, salamat salamat musical!