Friday, October 17, 2008

THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL



WELL… WELL… WELL… ITS TIME…

Today I wake up needing to make a blog… this is too much you know… as a social climber I need to have a blog, all my social friends had a blog… that is why I had to blog.

I really don’t know what to say… ang hirap mag – ingles… at ang hirap mag compose nang grammar… 85 lang ang percentage ko nang speech and grammar sa English… but I will try… as in try… to the bones… but I will not pretend to write unlike someone I know who is very pathetically trying hard… ( huh!!! it’s not him if you know what I mean ).

PARTY!!!

Yeah, birthdays and parties… if you are a social climber you should know better than looking at the dates and numbers in the Mayan calendar which we all know is going to end by 2012… God knows!!! You should look at the calendar for events and parties you need to make, attend or need to socialize. But for me, for some reason I always make a party even without a reason.

Here are the tips for having a glamorous and very social casual party for a social climber…

1. Plan ahead… this is very important because you’ll never know who would come to your party. It might be your long time crush or Delfin na taga kabilang barrio much worse yung kumare mo na matagal mo nang di binayaran nang utang… Well anyway… for me in planning ahead… I started collecting used bottles of Evian “sosyal water” from my boss, whenever we had a big meeting I always ask the maid to keep all the empty bottles. ( I’m working in Advertising agency you know ) anyway when I collected enough of the social water bottle. I clean them up very carefully keeping in mind not to erase the labels and fill them up with just plain mineral water and put in the fridge. BWALA… you have now a very social drinking water for your party… well of course you can also have options, para dun sa mga walang access na tinatawag nating sosyal na tubig… ( wala naman talagang pinag-iba sa ordinaryong tubig ). Ganito yun… bumili na lang kayo nang mineral water at individually put ribbons before you tuck it in the fridge. Take note you also help the environment.

The menu… well, well, the menu… well of course the menu… that depends actually on your budget. But because I am a social climber but also cook good food. I do it creatively. First on the list is salad…. Of course social friends don’t eat a lot, so a salad is very good opening meal for everyone… you can actually make some from simple arragula to pechay ( pwera na lang alugbati ) or whatever eatable leaves ( its important to have Olive oil from italy all the time )… then Soup, but I don’t really recommend soup as it tends to be messy pag-kinulang ka nang bowl, I only have soup if my party is really formal and limited engagement only, but of course dahil social climber aketch I recommend the ready mix soup just add egg, social herbs and leaves and create an out of these world name for it. Example: Baja chupe de pollo poblano ( very sosyal ) in short tinolang manok… Then comes the main course… well here you can choose from seafood to meat or whatever… and still name everything in a very grand name. Then comes the fillers… for me its “lumpiang gulay” or “spring roll in the spring”. As for the drinks I recommend fruit punch as its cheap and have the same result of feeling drunk. My choice is the old schooler’s favorite “Gin Pomelo”.

2. The guest… ask a few friends who’s free and can help you with the preparations and it is also nice to have someone to boss around the kitchen but be careful baka mapagkamalan ka nang mayordoma. As for the guest list be careful for whom you invite and whether these people will get along with each other. But for me, I don’t care as long as they are rich and beautiful… and its also nice to have some tension in the scene… you know…

3. The dining wares… decide if you go for plastic or ceramic… but I recommend the real thing as it is environmentally healthy to the environment. Its always been handy to have chopsticks or extra glass and plates just incase some of your PG friends come.

4. In or Out… decide where to throw your party is it best inside the bedroom, the living room, on the veranda or in the garden?… Garden is nice for grilling and things… whatever for me anywhere is okay… as long as the embience is nice.( don’t ask me bout the spelling )

5. Mood and music… Well of course, these is the part where you brag about your second hand stereo with your second hand ipod and lot of pirated cds… and don’t forget about the Christmas lights and scented candles… Ask your guest what music they want to hear and keep your best dance music too… but as for me … videoke is the winner, if you don’t have magic sing borrow it a week ago from your friend.

6. The host… The most important thing is how you will make your friends feel in your home. You are the most important person on this party as the host or hostess. It's up to you to make this party nice and pleasant or just ok. You may decide in advance what conversation to start with your friends to warm up the atmosphere and make everybody feel comfortable. But most of all be sure to look nice, fresh and beautiful… so I recommend to put on your best smell be it “angel’s breath” or “forest interlude”… as for me I use dolce and gabbana…

Oh… before I forget be sure no neighbors would be bother with your social climbing party as you might get a “baine marie” knife in your throat the moment you step out of your house the next day… I recommend to invite them or just give them tira-tira after the party.

Well… well… well… there you are my dear friends… until next time for more topics and social climbing tips… Enjoy your party…

4 comments:

JeremyCroise said...

Bonggacious ang mga tips sa shala-climbing partyness! Matry nga! Gogogo mga frenship!

Unknown said...

hehehe...

Funny to the bones! Lots of wonderful insights that are so socially relevant. Now, I am halfway through my social-climbing dream... thanks to Miss Bubbles M. Cojuangco.

Keep bloggin!

fuchsiaboy said...

panalo! wagi!

SHUSHALITEEEEEEE!

Naku I was laughing my brains out (wearing a Christian Dior Haute Couture gown no less) and actually had Vueve Cliqot coming out of my nostrils.

We should do lunch, dahling.

Mwah!

the spool artist said...

at sana ma invite naman ako sa mga party na to para makatikim ako ulit ng ina-asam asam ng lahat na Bubbles Cojuanco pusit!

i am now a big fan of this blog!