Monday, October 20, 2008

HOW TO HOLD A MARTINI GLASS




Well… well… well… what a wonderful night I have last night, I had a very social guest and friend visiting me all the way from the kingdom of Siem Reap. As you know I’m based now here in the beautiful kingdom of Phnom Penh in wonderful Cambodia. He visited me for the mere fact that my new blog is super --- mega--- chartbuster --- over the top hit… of course he’s also on his way for the fashion week in the Philippines.

Anyways… despite the fact that paparazzi’s are scrambling to have a photo of me I went to the grocery with my thick Armani sunglasses to ward off the flashing bulbs… ( Gush its really difficult going around with my status ) At the grocery I quickly paid all my stuff in the counter as an old but rich looking man ask for my autograph, and with that I went home to cook a very special dinner with fuchsiaboy… but because he is a vegan, I cooked for him my very special “Escabechar calamar de pemiente negra” or adobong pusit, “pescado cocer al vapor” or steamed fish and “prêt de legumbre” or stir-fried legumes.

The dinner was very beautiful as we gobbled and attacked the food down with “ Yumberry juice” yeah… yumberry juice! ( all social gay knows about it and if you don’t know about it you’re not sosyal ) but of course down with the main course, we talked about health and charities. Fuschiaboy is way down slimmer and more beautiful than ever before, I think his the most fabulous gay I’ve ever known after me… as for my charity program for the motodup driver ( equivalent to trycicle driver in the Philippines ) well… it goes well and those poor little fellows can’t have enough of me… sigh… we ended the dinner with a bouquetlicious wine…

Costume change and were off to “Blue Chilli” a very sosyal gay place if youré in Phnom Penh.
Its very important to be seen… in Blue chilli I’m the queen… everyone from the bartender to the motodups and tuktuk drivers down to the callboys they know me as the “Queen” because the owner is my bestfriend. “Oak” she’s also a queen from another kingdom.

With three martini’s for three beautiful and look rich ladies, they sat in the red sofa with pouted lips and heady eyes. Then the other friend Deborah Rose ask me as she looks at me holding my martini glass…. Hey, miss bubbles can you teach me how to hold a martini glass…

And with that the topic for today is

How to hold a martini glass like a pro…

Bear in mind that martinis are meant to be drink cold. Everything is designed to keep it that way, from chilling the shaker, the liquor and the glass to the shape of the glass itself.

Our beautiful hands generate heat so keep those hand away from the glass.

Holding the glass constantly will warm the drink making it maligamgam, so to avoid that hold the drink by its stem at the very bottom of the bowl with your pinky upwards. ( Yeah like that what you’re doing now )

Enjoy.

By the way in the party as a social creature try to be gracious and prim, don’t gobble those canapés… Hmmpp… chura mo!!!

2 comments:

fuchsiaboy said...

ms. bubbles, salamat sa informative na entry na ito.

gin bulag seems more shushal if you drink it in a martini glass, no?

tumaba nga ako dahil sa lecheng pusit na niluto mo.

Miss Bubbles Cojuanco said...

YEAH... gin bulag is kinda gin bulag...

di na aketch nakarampa kagabii busy me with you know who...

hay pagbalik ka na magpapayat kasi alam ko kakain ka rin sa philiphinas ano...

tsaka ang dami mong friends sa list kaya marami din mag-invite sa iyo...

kaya ako... motto ko these week and the next coming week is "don't invite me"...

mwah!!!