Wednesday, May 6, 2009

HOW TO COMBAT EMOTIONAL VAMPIRES




I’m tough, I’m ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, … hmmm… okay…

mama madonna


Well… well… well… there you are my jealous, lonely and envious expectators of mine… I’m just loving Lenka’s “Trouble is a friend”, the lyrics of that song is so very timely for everyone… I guess. It states all about how people get into trouble just by helping other people.

Well the past week is quite mellow and fun for me… We moved to our new office and it took a week to make everything in place. Internet and telephone cables are fixed on the second week so its difficult for me to check everything I had on the net. The new office is quite bigger but still not enough for 90 people. The moving out helps me to sort what I want in this new chapter of my bitchy life. Last month for me is quite fantastic and hilarious it brings out the best and worst in me… hahahaha… and it makes me a little older well in terms of who really are the people that means to me. But thanks to Lóreal eyebug hydrant for men it works for me. After all I’ve been through last month I deserve something expensive something that I didn’t ask from a boyfriend or a friend, something I bought myself with my own money not with the expense of other people. Lovely… lovely… lovely… I don’t need to tell you what I bought… someone might get jealous.

Anyway that is not our topic… Our topic for today little green devels is all about negative people and emotional vampires who would suck you up from your sanity and energy. No am not talking about the vampires in the “Twilight’s” second series “Newmoon”. I am talking about Emotional vampires who draw you in with charm, beauty, talent and pulse pounding excitement. Then they drain you – not of blood but of every last drop of your emotional energy. They are sweet looking, innocent but darkly seductive beings. They are good looking and sexy but unreliable lovers, They use emotions whatever is that to make you pity with them, They could be one of your jealous and competitive friends, they could be your demanding parents, or that coworkers of yours who always complain about his job or bosses with gigantic egos but very small in everywhere else. Or I could be talking with myself hahahaha… no not really. It’s downright scary how quickly they can trick you into letting them come to your life and come back and do it again.
Dealing with Emotional Vampires requires a lot of effort. They may be worth it, they may not. Only you can decide. Sometimes it's better to run away, or not get involved in the first place. But that is not only impossible in most circumstances – it is also very unhealthy. You can not simply run from every situation in life. Life has a funny way of teaching us things, doesn’t it, and if you run away – I assure you these same problems will keep arising until you confront them.

Given you were into a situation where you been wrongly judged. Are you the type of person who would fall apart and fade to darkness or are you the type of person who would stand up and fight back. With anything else in life – you have to learn how to effectively tone out the negative elements and elementals that is there to get you down. If you were familiar with the “Law of attractions” a lot of helpful insights and tips where tackled there, I am lifting some advices from it and others from my own experiences. Okay bring out your notebooks and copy everything from the board, I’m going to have a cigarette break.

How to combat emotional vampires

Do not focus so much on the negativity… By focusing on it so much, all you are doing is creating more negative emotions and situations.

Know them, know their history… The way to anticipate emotional vampires is by knowing how they've acted in the past. Chances are pretty good that they'll do the same thing in the future. The biggest mistake I made before is assuming, without evidence, that though their record has been bad in the past, that they have learned their lesson, and they will never do it again this
time.

Do what they don’t… To prevail over emotional vampires you must go in where they fear to tread. Your greatest strengths lie in doing the things you can do that they can't. For example your job, focus on it. Or your being popular… use it. Or you can try crossing a barb wire… hehehehe.

Choose your words as carefully as you pick broken glasses…with emotional vampires what you say, how you say it, and when you say it are all crucial to the outcomes you are likely to achieve… Of course I’m always misunderstood.

Focus on being positive… For every one negative thing that someone says to you – say something positive to them in return. I have personally done this many times – and trust me they stop after a while. They might think you’re on something – but rest assured they will stop. Misery loves company – and if your not good company – they will find someone else to fuck up with.

Take control … You might not have any control over what your family and friends think or say – but you do have control over how YOU perceive it. Either learn to zone them out or learn to give them the benefit of the doubt. You might have to be really generous at times - and I fully understand that not everyone deserves a benefit of the doubt at all times. But do it for your sake not theirs. Life is way too beautiful – and should be full of love, happiness, and success (whatever that may mean to you).

Don’t try to change others... because quite frankly, you can’t. You don’t have the power to change anyone but yourself. So change the way you feel and react when in the presence of negativity.

Pray (or meditate). Whether you are religious or not – scientific studies have shown that small bursts of mediation throughout the day can help in boosting mood and relaxing you – making you more efficient at handling stress. Pray for yourself and also for your friends and family.



God marlbaro is great… so how are you doing my little devels…

Great!!! now go out and try to be positive… But be careful for the emotional vampires!!!






No comments: