Monday, December 15, 2008

HOW TO AVOID A SOCIAL DISEASE LIKE GOUT!!!




Sorry my dear beautiful expectators of mine… Your highness was sick for a week… I’m sick with these social disease called “GOUT” and its very daut!!! I mean can you imagine me wearing my manolo high heel shoe, because its only on my left foot and its aching so badly that I was absent with all the functions and events that’s been line up for me for the month of December which includes a very important interior design pitch for our new office. Its good thing that the landlord and my humble manang was there for me all the time.


Gout is a very painful experience, one can call all the saints and devels when it attacks you. Its very strange for as young and as beautiful as I am is afflicted with terrible, horrible and not so sosyal illness. I called it social disease because it involves more on your lifestyle. One can get Gout by too much eating legumes and innards like liver and anything which is high in uric acid. Drinking alcohol, red wine ( which I just fall in love lately, so no more wine tasting muna pero pwede ang Gin, kaya naman pala nung gin pa lang ang tinutunga ko ala akong ganitong sakit… iba talaga pag hindi sanay ang stomach sa mga sosyal na food and drink na mga iyan)… and partying too much without exercise can cause gaut, which by the way is often inherited.


Gout attacks are caused by deposits of crystallized uric acid in the joint. Uric acid is present in the blood and eliminated in the urine, but in people who have gout, uric acid accumulates and crystallizes in the joints. Uric acid is the result of the breakdown of purines, ( hindi sya cat food ha!!! ) chemicals that are found naturally in our bodies and in food. At cooler temperatures, uric acid turns into crystals at eto yung makirot para bang may mga needles and iyong mga joint but for some reason I like it siguro masokista ako. Since the toe is the part of the body that is furthest from the heart, ( of course it is ) it’s also the coolest part of the body—and, thus, the most likely target of gout. However, gout can affect any joint in the body. “huh’ ako ba eto at diretso ang English ko.


Gout is derived from the latin word “gutta”, meaning “a drop” (of liquid)… in short rayuma if you are poor, but because I’m sosyal I called gouty arthritis of the big toe. Bwahahahaha… gouty arthritis daw… ang hirap nga e-spelling pero madaling bigkasin.


Well… well… well… heniway… our topic for today is


How to avoid social disease like GOUT!!!


Try… ( try lang naman )… try to limit your intakes of food that are high in purines like meat, poultry, fish, tufo, legumes, kidneys, liver, brain, sardines, anchovies, clams, shrimps, crabs, lobster, scallop, oyster, asparagus, spinach, ampalaya, string beans, cauliflower, mushroom, fruit preserves, jam, jellies, syrup, candies, cookies, ice cream, cakes, vitamin c, tea, and aspirin… pati kanin… in short wag ka nang kumain… punyeta di ba!!! Ako pa… ako pa… god buti na lang sa list nang mga alcohol hindi bawal ang gin.. pero beer at red wine di pwede mataas ang purine nyang mga yan.


Eat… eat these social stomach fillers… tart cherries ( its expensive you know so I like it ), berries, celery, cheese yeah cheese, banana, carbonated beverages and gin, they don’t mention coffee so coffee I guess?


Take… take vitamin B5 instead of vitamin C as it increases the production of uric acid.


Drink… drink a lot of liquids specially water para di ka matoyuan… nang ulo or whatever… but that’s really to dilute the acid and will keep you pee all the time.


Put… put on socks or any warm protection to your feet during cold season.


Exercise… of course what else, that’s true when you get older… I love sychronise swimming as an exercise… I used to be synchronised you know.


Well that’s it, however there is really no cure for Gout but it has remedies when having an attack. Take this pills I like it, makes me bangag and high… prednisone, cortisone and ponstan… they are all steriodal… but what else I can do… masakit sya…


Well… well… well that’s it for today… mwah…




Again reminder don’t correct my grammar and spelling!!!







1 comment:

Ariel said...

I had my very first gout attack last week. After the attack has completely subsided I took Zyloric to get rid of the excess uric acids. I first took Tramadol to relieve the pain. You can see the complete drug study of these medicines at http://medsheaven.com/index.html

Be sure to drink plenty of water or fluids to flush out the uric acids. Gout really Is a hassle. But if you know how to counter attack it once it appears your in the right track of taking care of yourself.